Carving a “MONSTER” Pumpkin!
1) This part is optional but we recommend
buying a pumpkin carving kit as they tend to be safer than kinves and take a lot of the hassle out of the
2) Draw an outline of the pumpkin lid with a
good thick pencil and cut the lid using the outline as guidance.
3) Using the scoop de-bowel your pumpkin,
remove all of the seed and stringy material but take care to leave your pumpkin wall at least 1inch
4) Tape or pin your pumpkin template to the
pumpkin. If you don’t have a template you can draw the outline of your design with a pencil.
5) Next use your punch to pierce over the
outline on the surface.
6) Use the carving saw (carefully) to cut into
the pumpkin, follow the shape of your design and then push the shapes outwards with your
7) Place the candle in your pumpkin, after a
few minutes take the lid off and cut vents into it where the lid has turned black.
If you carve a pumpkin get in touch and we
will publish your pictures here!
WARNING: The tools used in this demonstration
are not toys and therefore these products must be used under adult supervision! If you follow this guide you are
responsible for any injury or damage.